Despite being a one-off release unattached to any project, unreleased joint Dreams Money Can Buy made an explosive impact when Drake dropped it back in late May. Thus, it should surprise absolutely no one that the first leak off the Young Money megastar’s sophomore LP has set the net on fire—literally. OK, not literally literally (If there’s smoke pouring from your PC, the problem’s on your end), but I’m just sayin’: Marvin’s Room is a Big Deal. Similar in theme to the aforementioned joint, this moody selection finds Drizzy parlaying the ennui that’s plagued him ever since he got his first taste of success into some serious soul-searching. Over Noah “40” Shebib‘s hazy, pulsing synth backdrop, complete with a disarmingly pretty keyboard outro, Drake puts his careless conduct with females under the microscope, admitting, “I don’t think I’m conscious of makin’ monsters out of the women I sponsor till it all goes bad.” Heavy subject matter, to be sure, but if there’s one man who can make guilty self-reflection sound seductive, Audrey Graham is he. Take Care is currently scheduled for release October 24, and fans can expect a lead single to drop sometime in July.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.