Despite being a one-off release unattached to any project, unreleased joint Dreams Money Can Buy made an explosive impact when Drake dropped it back in late May. Thus, it should surprise absolutely no one that the first leak off the Young Money megastar’s sophomore LP has set the net on fire—literally. OK, not literally literally (If there’s smoke pouring from your PC, the problem’s on your end), but I’m just sayin’: Marvin’s Room is a Big Deal. Similar in theme to the aforementioned joint, this moody selection finds Drizzy parlaying the ennui that’s plagued him ever since he got his first taste of success into some serious soul-searching. Over Noah “40” Shebib‘s hazy, pulsing synth backdrop, complete with a disarmingly pretty keyboard outro, Drake puts his careless conduct with females under the microscope, admitting, “I don’t think I’m conscious of makin’ monsters out of the women I sponsor till it all goes bad.” Heavy subject matter, to be sure, but if there’s one man who can make guilty self-reflection sound seductive, Audrey Graham is he. Take Care is currently scheduled for release October 24, and fans can expect a lead single to drop sometime in July.
Written by richard on 06/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.