As if last Tuesday’s album release wasn’t enough, this weekend has been full of dope surprises for J. Cole fans. In addition to getting cosigned by one of his musical idols on Made Nas Proud, the Roc Nation standard-bearer has hooked up with fellow hip-hop heartthrob Drake for a new freestyle that’ll have the ladies, “screamin’ like Jodeci back.” B!nk sets a luxurious mood behind the boards, layering scintillating samples over a languid rhythm section as Drizzy chronicles his recent erotic adventures, and Cole exults in the success of his freshly-minted sophomore set. Born Sinner is, of course, available now in stores and online. Fans should keep their browsers locked for the latest on Drake’s Nothing Was the Same LP, scheduled for release September 17.
Written by richard on 06/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.