As if last Tuesday’s album release wasn’t enough, this weekend has been full of dope surprises for J. Cole fans. In addition to getting cosigned by one of his musical idols on Made Nas Proud, the Roc Nation standard-bearer has hooked up with fellow hip-hop heartthrob Drake for a new freestyle that’ll have the ladies, “screamin’ like Jodeci back.” B!nk sets a luxurious mood behind the boards, layering scintillating samples over a languid rhythm section as Drizzy chronicles his recent erotic adventures, and Cole exults in the success of his freshly-minted sophomore set. Born Sinner is, of course, available now in stores and online. Fans should keep their browsers locked for the latest on Drake’s Nothing Was the Same LP, scheduled for release September 17.
Written by richard on 06/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)