As if last Tuesday’s album release wasn’t enough, this weekend has been full of dope surprises for J. Cole fans. In addition to getting cosigned by one of his musical idols on Made Nas Proud, the Roc Nation standard-bearer has hooked up with fellow hip-hop heartthrob Drake for a new freestyle that’ll have the ladies, “screamin’ like Jodeci back.” B!nk sets a luxurious mood behind the boards, layering scintillating samples over a languid rhythm section as Drizzy chronicles his recent erotic adventures, and Cole exults in the success of his freshly-minted sophomore set. Born Sinner is, of course, available now in stores and online. Fans should keep their browsers locked for the latest on Drake’s Nothing Was the Same LP, scheduled for release September 17.
Written by richard on 06/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)