Do you miss the insanity that would accompany every new Drake release in the pre-Thank Me Later days? No? Well like it or not their back, albeit in diluted form, now that Drizzy’s begun to drop records off his upcoming r&b-only mixtape, beginning with the tearstained, I Get Lonely Too. The board work, of course, if provided by constant production partner Noah “40” Shebib, who interpolates TLC’s Fan Mail to create a typically ambient and warmly electronic beat for Aubrey to lay down the kind of vocals guaranteed to make teenage girls the world over hyperventilate. It’s only “r&b” in the sense that it’s romantic and full of crooning, but no matter the label, something tells me Drake’s got yet another hit on his hands, even if there’s sure to be no shortage of “he should stick to rapping” proponents (see the comments below). Drake’s sure to explode the internets mixtape, It’s Never Enough, doesn’t have a release date yet, so in the meantime we’ll just have to content ourselves with speculation and debate. Ah, just like the good ‘ol days.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.