Do you miss the insanity that would accompany every new Drake release in the pre-Thank Me Later days? No? Well like it or not their back, albeit in diluted form, now that Drizzy’s begun to drop records off his upcoming r&b-only mixtape, beginning with the tearstained, I Get Lonely Too. The board work, of course, if provided by constant production partner Noah “40” Shebib, who interpolates TLC’s Fan Mail to create a typically ambient and warmly electronic beat for Aubrey to lay down the kind of vocals guaranteed to make teenage girls the world over hyperventilate. It’s only “r&b” in the sense that it’s romantic and full of crooning, but no matter the label, something tells me Drake’s got yet another hit on his hands, even if there’s sure to be no shortage of “he should stick to rapping” proponents (see the comments below). Drake’s sure to explode the internets mixtape, It’s Never Enough, doesn’t have a release date yet, so in the meantime we’ll just have to content ourselves with speculation and debate. Ah, just like the good ‘ol days.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.