Do you miss the insanity that would accompany every new Drake release in the pre-Thank Me Later days? No? Well like it or not their back, albeit in diluted form, now that Drizzy’s begun to drop records off his upcoming r&b-only mixtape, beginning with the tearstained, I Get Lonely Too. The board work, of course, if provided by constant production partner Noah “40” Shebib, who interpolates TLC’s Fan Mail to create a typically ambient and warmly electronic beat for Aubrey to lay down the kind of vocals guaranteed to make teenage girls the world over hyperventilate. It’s only “r&b” in the sense that it’s romantic and full of crooning, but no matter the label, something tells me Drake’s got yet another hit on his hands, even if there’s sure to be no shortage of “he should stick to rapping” proponents (see the comments below). Drake’s sure to explode the internets mixtape, It’s Never Enough, doesn’t have a release date yet, so in the meantime we’ll just have to content ourselves with speculation and debate. Ah, just like the good ‘ol days.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.