Few artists have ever exploded onto the scene as quickly as Aubrey Graham. It was only two or three years ago when a buddy told me to check out this guy named Drake – So Far Gone dropped a few months later and seemingly overnight he was a fixture in America’s iPods. But what does this all prove? That Drake is definitely someone that can create Headlines. Today is no different as the Toronto rapper-turnt-singa-turnt-rapper drops off the first official single from his sophomore effort, Take Care. Produced by Boi-1da, Headlines is fully equipped with an arsenal of horns and snares over which Drake implants his relatable raps and addictive singing. Reflecting on how life has changed for him, in typical Drizzy lyrically alternates between tackling his insecurities, the challenges of fame and, while he’s at it, some outright stunting. It sounds like not much has changed since Thank Me Later this is the same blend of humility and braggadocio rap that he’s made his trademark. With Take Care’s October 24 release date approaching, prepare for Drake’s name pop up in the Headlines with increasing frequency.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.