Far be it from me to doubt Drake‘s knowledge of the female gender, but it doesn’t take a Don Juan to determine that Girls Love Beyoncé. Obvious thesis aside, though, the latest effort from Aubrey Graham is well-deserving of fellas’ rapt attention. (It’s a foregone conclusion that the ladies will be listening.) Released earlier today via his OctobersVeryOwn blog, this album inclusion features the YMCMB megastar reflecting on his love life, and lamenting his perennial fear of commitment over low-key, R&B-informed boardwork by constant collaborator Noah “40” Shebib. On the back, he sums up his predicament: “I’m just trying to find a reason not to go out every evening / I need someone that’ll help me think of someone besides myself.” Cocaine 80s frontman James Fauntleroy guests, deftly recontextualizing Destiny’s Child’s Say My Name on the chorus. Drizzy is currently wrapping up his highly-anticipated junior set, Nothing Was the Same. The project as yet lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.