Far be it from me to doubt Drake‘s knowledge of the female gender, but it doesn’t take a Don Juan to determine that Girls Love Beyoncé. Obvious thesis aside, though, the latest effort from Aubrey Graham is well-deserving of fellas’ rapt attention. (It’s a foregone conclusion that the ladies will be listening.) Released earlier today via his OctobersVeryOwn blog, this album inclusion features the YMCMB megastar reflecting on his love life, and lamenting his perennial fear of commitment over low-key, R&B-informed boardwork by constant collaborator Noah “40” Shebib. On the back, he sums up his predicament: “I’m just trying to find a reason not to go out every evening / I need someone that’ll help me think of someone besides myself.” Cocaine 80s frontman James Fauntleroy guests, deftly recontextualizing Destiny’s Child’s Say My Name on the chorus. Drizzy is currently wrapping up his highly-anticipated junior set, Nothing Was the Same. The project as yet lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with release details and fresh tunes as they emerge.
Written by richard on 04/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.