Aubrey “Drake” Graham has come a long way from Degrassi Community School. Since graduating from his role as Jimmy Brooks, the Toronto native has become one of his hometown’s hottest up-and-coming emcees, even earning a Best of the Booth award for his Weezy-featuring mixtape cut, Ransom. Now, Drake’s signed to Interscope, and is preparing to drop his So Far Gone mixtape. On a potential, unconfirmed buzz single off the long-awaited street release Drake is reunited with the collaborator who added star power to his 2006 single, Replacement Girl. Trey Songz handles the hook on She Just Wanna Dance, which finds Drake placing total trust in his girl as she dresses up for a night on the town without him, and J.R. Rotem‘s beat combines several production trends du jour (Staccato synth arpeggios – check. Cheesy sci-fi organ – check) with crowd-pleasing results. Drake has a debut album entitled Thank Me Later in the works, but neither it nor So Far Gone have received a solid release date.
Written by richard on 01/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pain In My Life ft. Trey Songz" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.