In my nearly two years as a blurbwriter, I have kept a close eye on Booth-heads’ listening patterns, noting the factors that earn certain features rave reader reviews. As far as I’m concerned, the epitome of “if he’s the lead artist, it’s a hit here” is Drake. Already the winner of two Best of the Booth awards, the Toronto emcee seems poised to walk away with a few more next year—Uptown and Best I Ever Had are looking like locks for BotB ‘09’s ballot-spots. On I’m Going In, the Booth darling joins forces with guest verse royals Weezy and Jeezy (who appeared together on Playaz Circle‘s Stupid (Remix), featured yesterday) for a hard-hitting lyrical spectacular. Produced by another site favorite (Needlz), this cut can be found on DJ Folk and Young Jeezy’s street-acclaimed Trappin’ Ain’t Dead mixtape; there’s still no word on whether it will be attached to any other project.
Written by Burmy on 06/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.