In my nearly two years as a blurbwriter, I have kept a close eye on Booth-heads’ listening patterns, noting the factors that earn certain features rave reader reviews. As far as I’m concerned, the epitome of “if he’s the lead artist, it’s a hit here” is Drake. Already the winner of two Best of the Booth awards, the Toronto emcee seems poised to walk away with a few more next year—Uptown and Best I Ever Had are looking like locks for BotB ‘09’s ballot-spots. On I’m Going In, the Booth darling joins forces with guest verse royals Weezy and Jeezy (who appeared together on Playaz Circle‘s Stupid (Remix), featured yesterday) for a hard-hitting lyrical spectacular. Produced by another site favorite (Needlz), this cut can be found on DJ Folk and Young Jeezy’s street-acclaimed Trappin’ Ain’t Dead mixtape; there’s still no word on whether it will be attached to any other project.
Written by Burmy on 06/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.