In my nearly two years as a blurbwriter, I have kept a close eye on Booth-heads’ listening patterns, noting the factors that earn certain features rave reader reviews. As far as I’m concerned, the epitome of “if he’s the lead artist, it’s a hit here” is Drake. Already the winner of two Best of the Booth awards, the Toronto emcee seems poised to walk away with a few more next year—Uptown and Best I Ever Had are looking like locks for BotB ‘09’s ballot-spots. On I’m Going In, the Booth darling joins forces with guest verse royals Weezy and Jeezy (who appeared together on Playaz Circle‘s Stupid (Remix), featured yesterday) for a hard-hitting lyrical spectacular. Produced by another site favorite (Needlz), this cut can be found on DJ Folk and Young Jeezy’s street-acclaimed Trappin’ Ain’t Dead mixtape; there’s still no word on whether it will be attached to any other project.
Written by Burmy on 06/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.