In my nearly two years as a blurbwriter, I have kept a close eye on Booth-heads’ listening patterns, noting the factors that earn certain features rave reader reviews. As far as I’m concerned, the epitome of “if he’s the lead artist, it’s a hit here” is Drake. Already the winner of two Best of the Booth awards, the Toronto emcee seems poised to walk away with a few more next year—Uptown and Best I Ever Had are looking like locks for BotB ‘09’s ballot-spots. On I’m Going In, the Booth darling joins forces with guest verse royals Weezy and Jeezy (who appeared together on Playaz Circle‘s Stupid (Remix), featured yesterday) for a hard-hitting lyrical spectacular. Produced by another site favorite (Needlz), this cut can be found on DJ Folk and Young Jeezy’s street-acclaimed Trappin’ Ain’t Dead mixtape; there’s still no word on whether it will be attached to any other project.
Written by Burmy on 06/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.