After months of anticipation and numerous features in the Booth, perennial Rap/Underground chart occupant and two-time Best of the Booth Award-winner Drake finally released his So Far Gone mixtape this past Friday, February 13th. Today, as a special treat for all you listeners, we are featuring the original version of Uptown; as on the mixtape cut, Drizzy teams up with Lil Wayne and Bun B to talk about life in their respective hometowns, from Toronto to New Orleans to Port Arthur, Texas. Unlike the version that actually made the mixtape, Weezy leaves behind his heavily-autotuned verse, only singing a hook over Boi 1-da and Northern Profit‘s Billy Joel-sampling production. Now that So Far Gone has finally been released, fans can start looking forward to Drake’s forthcoming debut album, Thank Me Later, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.