After months of anticipation and numerous features in the Booth, perennial Rap/Underground chart occupant and two-time Best of the Booth Award-winner Drake finally released his So Far Gone mixtape this past Friday, February 13th. Today, as a special treat for all you listeners, we are featuring the original version of Uptown; as on the mixtape cut, Drizzy teams up with Lil Wayne and Bun B to talk about life in their respective hometowns, from Toronto to New Orleans to Port Arthur, Texas. Unlike the version that actually made the mixtape, Weezy leaves behind his heavily-autotuned verse, only singing a hook over Boi 1-da and Northern Profit‘s Billy Joel-sampling production. Now that So Far Gone has finally been released, fans can start looking forward to Drake’s forthcoming debut album, Thank Me Later, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 02/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.