On Monday August 24th, 2008, T.I.‘s star-studded single, Swagger Like Us, leaked to the net. Featuring the likes of Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Lil Wayne the track initially drew mixed reviews from our Booth audience, but ultimately was accepted by the Grammy committee as one of last year’s best. Now, just a year and two days later, a similar mega-collaboration has hit our homepage. Forever, an unreleased Young Money record that originally leaked to the Internet in May, finds Wayne and West along for a second ride, with Eminem sitting shotgun to Drake over boardwork by Boi-1da. The record, which was completed, mixed, and mastered this past weekend in an effort to meet the deadline for inclusion on the soundtrack (available Sept. 22) to LeBron James’ forthcoming documentary, More Than A Game, will undoubtedly spark a heavy debate on which emcee holds the crown. As always, DJBooth.net won’t offer a shady answer; we’d rather our readers decide.
Written by DJ Z on 08/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)