Today, Toronto rapper Kardinal Offishall will release his fourth studio album (and worldwide debut), Not 4 Sale. With the LP already garnering positive reviews, it seems as if this release could kick-start an industry takeover. Proof of such a spark is evidenced by the interest of Lil’ Wayne‘s Young Money Entertainment in T-Dot actor Aubrey Graham, also known by the stage name of Drake. On the lyrical clinic Ransom, Drake and Weezy trade bars over Boi-1da‘s 5 1/4-minute beat (so complex it could be split into two different tracks). Incredibly, each rapper matches the other’s power, but you haven’t heard the alphabet until you’ve heard Weezy rap it near the end of his verse! To hear just how global hip-hop has become, look and listen for the Toronto natives in the months to come.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.