Today, Toronto rapper Kardinal Offishall will release his fourth studio album (and worldwide debut), Not 4 Sale. With the LP already garnering positive reviews, it seems as if this release could kick-start an industry takeover. Proof of such a spark is evidenced by the interest of Lil’ Wayne‘s Young Money Entertainment in T-Dot actor Aubrey Graham, also known by the stage name of Drake. On the lyrical clinic Ransom, Drake and Weezy trade bars over Boi-1da‘s 5 1/4-minute beat (so complex it could be split into two different tracks). Incredibly, each rapper matches the other’s power, but you haven’t heard the alphabet until you’ve heard Weezy rap it near the end of his verse! To hear just how global hip-hop has become, look and listen for the Toronto natives in the months to come.
Written by Burmy on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)