Today, Toronto rapper Kardinal Offishall will release his fourth studio album (and worldwide debut), Not 4 Sale. With the LP already garnering positive reviews, it seems as if this release could kick-start an industry takeover. Proof of such a spark is evidenced by the interest of Lil’ Wayne‘s Young Money Entertainment in T-Dot actor Aubrey Graham, also known by the stage name of Drake. On the lyrical clinic Ransom, Drake and Weezy trade bars over Boi-1da‘s 5 1/4-minute beat (so complex it could be split into two different tracks). Incredibly, each rapper matches the other’s power, but you haven’t heard the alphabet until you’ve heard Weezy rap it near the end of his verse! To hear just how global hip-hop has become, look and listen for the Toronto natives in the months to come.
Written by Burmy on 09/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.