Today, Toronto rapper Kardinal Offishall will release his fourth studio album (and worldwide debut), Not 4 Sale. With the LP already garnering positive reviews, it seems as if this release could kick-start an industry takeover. Proof of such a spark is evidenced by the interest of Lil’ Wayne‘s Young Money Entertainment in T-Dot actor Aubrey Graham, also known by the stage name of Drake. On the lyrical clinic Ransom, Drake and Weezy trade bars over Boi-1da‘s 5 1/4-minute beat (so complex it could be split into two different tracks). Incredibly, each rapper matches the other’s power, but you haven’t heard the alphabet until you’ve heard Weezy rap it near the end of his verse! To hear just how global hip-hop has become, look and listen for the Toronto natives in the months to come.
Written by Burmy on 09/8/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.