A whirlwind of non-album songs from Drake hit the net in less than 24 hours, all of them seductive to the ear and, in true Drizzy fashion, open to debate. Aubrey Graham hasn’t come up with a universally enjoyed single since Dreams Money Can Buy arose from weed ashes earlier in the summer, but Free Spirit with MMG high chief Rick Ross attempts to change that perception. 40’s slight snare roll may seem reminiscent of Successful but the piano keys and aural synths are aimed towards a different crowd; loose women. More Texan in his cadence, the Young Money star asserts his flows are like “grey tapes”, alluding to the color preference of screw tapes while Rozay tosses a few couplets towards his favorite lady, who seems to love pleasuring herself in his ride. The lone knock against Free Spirit? It’s repetitive chorus. Yet even that may not derail the hype train picking up stream as Take Care‘s October 24 release date draws closer.
Written by Brando on 09/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.