Here’s how it works. Drake announces he’s releasing a new track, we all stare at our computer screens like porn addicts waiting for it to arrive, and once it does we dissect it like surgeons. That was the case for Over, and it will certainly be the case for Drizzy’s latest effort, Find Your Love. Produced by Kanye West, who essentially gives Drake a 808s & Heartbreak beat to work over, plus or minus some piano and orchestration, the real story here is, of course, Drake’s vocals. That’s right, I said vocals. Find Your Love is entirely rhyme-free. Drake spends the entire track softly crooning, and the result is a song that’s sure to make hardcore hip-hop heads hurl, and teenage girls cry as they stare longingly at the Drake posters in their bedroom. (Hint: Find Your Love’s targeted more at the latter demographic than the former.) Will the Booth find love in their hearts for Aubrey’s latest effort? Will his debut album Thank Me Later (due out in June) be able to live up to the hype? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.