Here’s how it works. Drake announces he’s releasing a new track, we all stare at our computer screens like porn addicts waiting for it to arrive, and once it does we dissect it like surgeons. That was the case for Over, and it will certainly be the case for Drizzy’s latest effort, Find Your Love. Produced by Kanye West, who essentially gives Drake a 808s & Heartbreak beat to work over, plus or minus some piano and orchestration, the real story here is, of course, Drake’s vocals. That’s right, I said vocals. Find Your Love is entirely rhyme-free. Drake spends the entire track softly crooning, and the result is a song that’s sure to make hardcore hip-hop heads hurl, and teenage girls cry as they stare longingly at the Drake posters in their bedroom. (Hint: Find Your Love’s targeted more at the latter demographic than the former.) Will the Booth find love in their hearts for Aubrey’s latest effort? Will his debut album Thank Me Later (due out in June) be able to live up to the hype? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/29/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.