Here’s how it works. Drake announces he’s releasing a new track, we all stare at our computer screens like porn addicts waiting for it to arrive, and once it does we dissect it like surgeons. That was the case for Over, and it will certainly be the case for Drizzy’s latest effort, Find Your Love. Produced by Kanye West, who essentially gives Drake a 808s & Heartbreak beat to work over, plus or minus some piano and orchestration, the real story here is, of course, Drake’s vocals. That’s right, I said vocals. Find Your Love is entirely rhyme-free. Drake spends the entire track softly crooning, and the result is a song that’s sure to make hardcore hip-hop heads hurl, and teenage girls cry as they stare longingly at the Drake posters in their bedroom. (Hint: Find Your Love’s targeted more at the latter demographic than the former.) Will the Booth find love in their hearts for Aubrey’s latest effort? Will his debut album Thank Me Later (due out in June) be able to live up to the hype? We’ll find out soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.