“Oh, you fancy huh?” Drizzy and Swizzy (see what I did there?) team up with Mary J. Blige to reiterate their affinity for stylish women on this remix of Fancy, first heard on Drake’s debut Thank Me Later. If you watched the MTV’s Video Music Awards a couple weeks ago, then you may remember this remix being performed live. If you missed the performance because the VMAs were as entertaining as watching beige paint dry, then this is a special treat. On the production Swizz Beatz sprinkles a soul sample on top of Noah “40” Shebib’s original looping beat, while Drake waxes poetic about fashionable, educated women with their own means. He’s not going to ask how you afford a purple Bentley, he’s just glad that you don’t expect him to pay for dinner. But the real headline is…Mary J. Blige on the hook! I won’t say she steals the spotlight, but she delivers a bridge with enough va-voom to make you wish she’d just take over the rest of the song. Maybe we could get a remix to the remix?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.