“Oh, you fancy huh?” Drizzy and Swizzy (see what I did there?) team up with Mary J. Blige to reiterate their affinity for stylish women on this remix of Fancy, first heard on Drake’s debut Thank Me Later. If you watched the MTV’s Video Music Awards a couple weeks ago, then you may remember this remix being performed live. If you missed the performance because the VMAs were as entertaining as watching beige paint dry, then this is a special treat. On the production Swizz Beatz sprinkles a soul sample on top of Noah “40” Shebib’s original looping beat, while Drake waxes poetic about fashionable, educated women with their own means. He’s not going to ask how you afford a purple Bentley, he’s just glad that you don’t expect him to pay for dinner. But the real headline is…Mary J. Blige on the hook! I won’t say she steals the spotlight, but she delivers a bridge with enough va-voom to make you wish she’d just take over the rest of the song. Maybe we could get a remix to the remix?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.