“Oh, you fancy huh?” Drizzy and Swizzy (see what I did there?) team up with Mary J. Blige to reiterate their affinity for stylish women on this remix of Fancy, first heard on Drake’s debut Thank Me Later. If you watched the MTV’s Video Music Awards a couple weeks ago, then you may remember this remix being performed live. If you missed the performance because the VMAs were as entertaining as watching beige paint dry, then this is a special treat. On the production Swizz Beatz sprinkles a soul sample on top of Noah “40” Shebib’s original looping beat, while Drake waxes poetic about fashionable, educated women with their own means. He’s not going to ask how you afford a purple Bentley, he’s just glad that you don’t expect him to pay for dinner. But the real headline is…Mary J. Blige on the hook! I won’t say she steals the spotlight, but she delivers a bridge with enough va-voom to make you wish she’d just take over the rest of the song. Maybe we could get a remix to the remix?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.