“Oh, you fancy huh?” Drizzy and Swizzy (see what I did there?) team up with Mary J. Blige to reiterate their affinity for stylish women on this remix of Fancy, first heard on Drake’s debut Thank Me Later. If you watched the MTV’s Video Music Awards a couple weeks ago, then you may remember this remix being performed live. If you missed the performance because the VMAs were as entertaining as watching beige paint dry, then this is a special treat. On the production Swizz Beatz sprinkles a soul sample on top of Noah “40” Shebib’s original looping beat, while Drake waxes poetic about fashionable, educated women with their own means. He’s not going to ask how you afford a purple Bentley, he’s just glad that you don’t expect him to pay for dinner. But the real headline is…Mary J. Blige on the hook! I won’t say she steals the spotlight, but she delivers a bridge with enough va-voom to make you wish she’d just take over the rest of the song. Maybe we could get a remix to the remix?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!