“Oh, you fancy huh?” Drizzy and Swizzy (see what I did there?) team up with Mary J. Blige to reiterate their affinity for stylish women on this remix of Fancy, first heard on Drake’s debut Thank Me Later. If you watched the MTV’s Video Music Awards a couple weeks ago, then you may remember this remix being performed live. If you missed the performance because the VMAs were as entertaining as watching beige paint dry, then this is a special treat. On the production Swizz Beatz sprinkles a soul sample on top of Noah “40” Shebib’s original looping beat, while Drake waxes poetic about fashionable, educated women with their own means. He’s not going to ask how you afford a purple Bentley, he’s just glad that you don’t expect him to pay for dinner. But the real headline is…Mary J. Blige on the hook! I won’t say she steals the spotlight, but she delivers a bridge with enough va-voom to make you wish she’d just take over the rest of the song. Maybe we could get a remix to the remix?
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.