If DJBooth.net had printing presses, somebody would be running down the hall right now screaming to stop them. What’s the occasion? Only a new, apropos-of-nothing-in-particular release from one of the heaviest heavyweights in the game, Aubrey “Drake” Graham. On unreleased joint The Dreams Money Can Buy, the T-dot hitmaker tells “...a story of dreams mixed with reality.” The subject matter is essentially Drizzy’s bread-and butter – the struggle to balance the demands of fame and fortune with the desire to live a normal life – but the execution is eminently fresh. Noah “40” Shebib handles production duties, flipping a sample from electronic artist Jai Paul‘s BTSU into a hazy backdrop for Drake’s confessional bars. Notably, the rap Lothario admits that he kinda enjoys breaking hearts: “I want women to cry and pour out their heart for me / and tell me how much they hate it when they’re apart from me / Lately I do b*tches the meanest / tell ‘em I love ‘em and I don’t ever mean it.” Harsh – but I have a feeling female fans will forgive him. Though Dreams isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming roject, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for everything Drizzy – including details on his in-progress sophomore set.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.