If DJBooth.net had printing presses, somebody would be running down the hall right now screaming to stop them. What’s the occasion? Only a new, apropos-of-nothing-in-particular release from one of the heaviest heavyweights in the game, Aubrey “Drake” Graham. On unreleased joint The Dreams Money Can Buy, the T-dot hitmaker tells “...a story of dreams mixed with reality.” The subject matter is essentially Drizzy’s bread-and butter – the struggle to balance the demands of fame and fortune with the desire to live a normal life – but the execution is eminently fresh. Noah “40” Shebib handles production duties, flipping a sample from electronic artist Jai Paul‘s BTSU into a hazy backdrop for Drake’s confessional bars. Notably, the rap Lothario admits that he kinda enjoys breaking hearts: “I want women to cry and pour out their heart for me / and tell me how much they hate it when they’re apart from me / Lately I do b*tches the meanest / tell ‘em I love ‘em and I don’t ever mean it.” Harsh – but I have a feeling female fans will forgive him. Though Dreams isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming roject, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for everything Drizzy – including details on his in-progress sophomore set.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.