If DJBooth.net had printing presses, somebody would be running down the hall right now screaming to stop them. What’s the occasion? Only a new, apropos-of-nothing-in-particular release from one of the heaviest heavyweights in the game, Aubrey “Drake” Graham. On unreleased joint The Dreams Money Can Buy, the T-dot hitmaker tells “...a story of dreams mixed with reality.” The subject matter is essentially Drizzy’s bread-and butter – the struggle to balance the demands of fame and fortune with the desire to live a normal life – but the execution is eminently fresh. Noah “40” Shebib handles production duties, flipping a sample from electronic artist Jai Paul‘s BTSU into a hazy backdrop for Drake’s confessional bars. Notably, the rap Lothario admits that he kinda enjoys breaking hearts: “I want women to cry and pour out their heart for me / and tell me how much they hate it when they’re apart from me / Lately I do b*tches the meanest / tell ‘em I love ‘em and I don’t ever mean it.” Harsh – but I have a feeling female fans will forgive him. Though Dreams isn’t set for inclusion on any forthcoming roject, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for everything Drizzy – including details on his in-progress sophomore set.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.