This weekend, the ‘nets were set ablaze by news that none other than Aubrey “Drake” Graham would be dropping a brand new mixtape. While No More Thank You’s has yet to emerge, and appears to be an unofficial release, that hardly lessened the excitement over the project, which will reportedly feature a couple previously-unheard cuts along with material that had been floating around the web for some time. A member of the former category, this leak finds the artist reminding listeners that he can, indeed, Do It All. No one who listened to Thank Me Later should be surprised by the topics touched upon here – relationships, fame and fortune, weed, liquor, Drizzy’s ambivalence in regard to all of the above… – but his delivery is as appealing as ever, and Rob Holladay‘s ethereal synth boardwork is as intricately-textured and musically adventurous as anything we’ve heard the Young Money megastar spit over. Here comes the big question: should Do It All have made the cut for Drake’s debut full-length, or was the decision to leave it on the cutting-room floor the right one? Ready… set… debate!
Written by richard on 07/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.