Earlier this week, a certain heavyweight rapper by the name of Aubrey Graham dropped by our pages with Draft Day, a promotional loosie sampled from Lauryn Hill‘s classic hit single, Doo-Wop (That Thing). Needless to say, the cut’s impact was explosive. Not content to blow up the blogosphere just once this week, Drake is back with another freshly-minted song release, this one dedicated to a certain woman from the East Side of Toronto. On Days in the East, the YMCMB hitmaker stews in his loneliness, unable to take the initiative and hit up the girl in question. Over the swirling synths of frequent collaborator 40 and OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, he spits, “I’m terrible at inviting myself, call me over.” Neo-soul heavyweight Erykah Badu makes an unexpected appearance in the narrative (not on the song, sadly) halfway through. While Days isn’t part of a larger project, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for everything Drizzy in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.