Earlier this week, a certain heavyweight rapper by the name of Aubrey Graham dropped by our pages with Draft Day, a promotional loosie sampled from Lauryn Hill‘s classic hit single, Doo-Wop (That Thing). Needless to say, the cut’s impact was explosive. Not content to blow up the blogosphere just once this week, Drake is back with another freshly-minted song release, this one dedicated to a certain woman from the East Side of Toronto. On Days in the East, the YMCMB hitmaker stews in his loneliness, unable to take the initiative and hit up the girl in question. Over the swirling synths of frequent collaborator 40 and OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, he spits, “I’m terrible at inviting myself, call me over.” Neo-soul heavyweight Erykah Badu makes an unexpected appearance in the narrative (not on the song, sadly) halfway through. While Days isn’t part of a larger project, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for everything Drizzy in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.