Earlier this week, a certain heavyweight rapper by the name of Aubrey Graham dropped by our pages with Draft Day, a promotional loosie sampled from Lauryn Hill‘s classic hit single, Doo-Wop (That Thing). Needless to say, the cut’s impact was explosive. Not content to blow up the blogosphere just once this week, Drake is back with another freshly-minted song release, this one dedicated to a certain woman from the East Side of Toronto. On Days in the East, the YMCMB hitmaker stews in his loneliness, unable to take the initiative and hit up the girl in question. Over the swirling synths of frequent collaborator 40 and OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, he spits, “I’m terrible at inviting myself, call me over.” Neo-soul heavyweight Erykah Badu makes an unexpected appearance in the narrative (not on the song, sadly) halfway through. While Days isn’t part of a larger project, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for everything Drizzy in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.