Earlier this week, a certain heavyweight rapper by the name of Aubrey Graham dropped by our pages with Draft Day, a promotional loosie sampled from Lauryn Hill‘s classic hit single, Doo-Wop (That Thing). Needless to say, the cut’s impact was explosive. Not content to blow up the blogosphere just once this week, Drake is back with another freshly-minted song release, this one dedicated to a certain woman from the East Side of Toronto. On Days in the East, the YMCMB hitmaker stews in his loneliness, unable to take the initiative and hit up the girl in question. Over the swirling synths of frequent collaborator 40 and OVO signee PARTYNEXTDOOR, he spits, “I’m terrible at inviting myself, call me over.” Neo-soul heavyweight Erykah Badu makes an unexpected appearance in the narrative (not on the song, sadly) halfway through. While Days isn’t part of a larger project, you can stay tuned to the DJBooth for everything Drizzy in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.