Drake kicks off this So Far Gone cut, currently being pushed as a radio single, with a few words of clarification: “You know, a lot of girls be thinkin’ my songs are about them. This is not to get it confused: this one’s for you.” Which is pretty flattering, but—oh, wait, he’s not talking about me? Damn. In all seriousness, though, this cut is sure to have female fans swooning left and right; over Boi-1da mellow, midtempo production, Drake addresses a special lady he considers the “Best I Ever Had.” Showcasing his skills as a singer on the hook, Drake packs his verses with the relaxed lyricism Booth readers have come to know and love—heck, he even manages to make a sexually explicit reference to The Andy Griffith Show sound romantic. For the few who haven’t already grabbed their own copies, So Far Gone is available now for free download, and, seeing that the rapper’s on the verge of signing with Atlantic, Thank Me Later may not be far off.
Written by richard on 04/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.