Booth readers, meet the soundtrack to the rest of your summer. A month and change after unleashing The Motion, Drizzy returns to tear up the airwaves anew with All Me, single numéro trois off his highly-anticipated junior set. Here, KeY Wane‘s slow-burning synth-sample grooves back the T-Dot phenom as he pays tribute to the individual who bears sole responsibility for his success: Jesus Christ. Nah, just kidding—it’s Drake. Mr. Graham’s self-sufficiency doesn’t stop him from enlisting the guest assistance of a couple high-profile homies. Braggadocious 16s from 2 Chainz (standout line: “My d**k so hard it make the metal detector go off.”) and Big Sean alternate with the headliner’s hedonistic verses. Watch for Nothing Was the Same to hit record stores and online retailers September 17, via OVO Sound/Young Money/Cash Money/Republic.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.