Booth readers, meet the soundtrack to the rest of your summer. A month and change after unleashing The Motion, Drizzy returns to tear up the airwaves anew with All Me, single numéro trois off his highly-anticipated junior set. Here, KeY Wane‘s slow-burning synth-sample grooves back the T-Dot phenom as he pays tribute to the individual who bears sole responsibility for his success: Jesus Christ. Nah, just kidding—it’s Drake. Mr. Graham’s self-sufficiency doesn’t stop him from enlisting the guest assistance of a couple high-profile homies. Braggadocious 16s from 2 Chainz (standout line: “My d**k so hard it make the metal detector go off.”) and Big Sean alternate with the headliner’s hedonistic verses. Watch for Nothing Was the Same to hit record stores and online retailers September 17, via OVO Sound/Young Money/Cash Money/Republic.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.