Dedicated Drake lovers (Drakeonians? Drizzyites? Aubrey’s Army?) undoubtedly copped Drake’s lyrical exploration 9 AM in Dallas when it leaked to the interweb a couple weeks ago, but now that the track has resurfaced in mastered form as a Thank Me Later iTunes bonus track, we thought Booth nation at large would enjoy hearing Drake in pure rap mode (or at least enjoy tearing the track apart – hi haters). Produced by my new favorite beatsmith Boi-1da, who overlays a grinding, electronic base with an angelic choir, 9 AM is first and foremost bulletin board material as Drake drops line after line sure to be obsessed over for at least the next couple days: “People say that old Drake, we started to miss it / you need to be a little more specific / is this what y’all want?” Well? Is it? We’ll begin to finally find out if Drake’s dream of crafting a platinum-selling album will come true when Thank Me Later finally officially drops tomorrow, June 15. March on Aubrey’s Army, march on.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.