Dedicated Drake lovers (Drakeonians? Drizzyites? Aubrey’s Army?) undoubtedly copped Drake’s lyrical exploration 9 AM in Dallas when it leaked to the interweb a couple weeks ago, but now that the track has resurfaced in mastered form as a Thank Me Later iTunes bonus track, we thought Booth nation at large would enjoy hearing Drake in pure rap mode (or at least enjoy tearing the track apart – hi haters). Produced by my new favorite beatsmith Boi-1da, who overlays a grinding, electronic base with an angelic choir, 9 AM is first and foremost bulletin board material as Drake drops line after line sure to be obsessed over for at least the next couple days: “People say that old Drake, we started to miss it / you need to be a little more specific / is this what y’all want?” Well? Is it? We’ll begin to finally find out if Drake’s dream of crafting a platinum-selling album will come true when Thank Me Later finally officially drops tomorrow, June 15. March on Aubrey’s Army, march on.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.