Dedicated Drake lovers (Drakeonians? Drizzyites? Aubrey’s Army?) undoubtedly copped Drake’s lyrical exploration 9 AM in Dallas when it leaked to the interweb a couple weeks ago, but now that the track has resurfaced in mastered form as a Thank Me Later iTunes bonus track, we thought Booth nation at large would enjoy hearing Drake in pure rap mode (or at least enjoy tearing the track apart – hi haters). Produced by my new favorite beatsmith Boi-1da, who overlays a grinding, electronic base with an angelic choir, 9 AM is first and foremost bulletin board material as Drake drops line after line sure to be obsessed over for at least the next couple days: “People say that old Drake, we started to miss it / you need to be a little more specific / is this what y’all want?” Well? Is it? We’ll begin to finally find out if Drake’s dream of crafting a platinum-selling album will come true when Thank Me Later finally officially drops tomorrow, June 15. March on Aubrey’s Army, march on.
Listen to More: Drake Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.