Early this morning, before most of us had rolled out of bed—or into bed, if you happen to be a night owl—Drake quietly unleashed a new record via his official site. 5AM in Toronto is an unofficial sequel to 9AM in Dallas and, like that pre-Thank Me Later promo cut, it features Aubrey Graham setting aside his “singer” hat in favor of pure, rapped verses. Over Boi-1da and Vinylz synth arpeggios, Drizzy reminds us how big he’s been doing it lately (as if we could forget) and skewers peers who have been keeping it less than one-hundred: “I could load every gun with bullets that fired backwards / Probably wouldn’t lose a single rapper.” 5AM isn’t part of any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for further details on currently-unscheduled junior set Nothing Was the Same, featuring hit lead single Started From the Bottom.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!