Early this morning, before most of us had rolled out of bed—or into bed, if you happen to be a night owl—Drake quietly unleashed a new record via his official site. 5AM in Toronto is an unofficial sequel to 9AM in Dallas and, like that pre-Thank Me Later promo cut, it features Aubrey Graham setting aside his “singer” hat in favor of pure, rapped verses. Over Boi-1da and Vinylz synth arpeggios, Drizzy reminds us how big he’s been doing it lately (as if we could forget) and skewers peers who have been keeping it less than one-hundred: “I could load every gun with bullets that fired backwards / Probably wouldn’t lose a single rapper.” 5AM isn’t part of any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for further details on currently-unscheduled junior set Nothing Was the Same, featuring hit lead single Started From the Bottom.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.