Early this morning, before most of us had rolled out of bed—or into bed, if you happen to be a night owl—Drake quietly unleashed a new record via his official site. 5AM in Toronto is an unofficial sequel to 9AM in Dallas and, like that pre-Thank Me Later promo cut, it features Aubrey Graham setting aside his “singer” hat in favor of pure, rapped verses. Over Boi-1da and Vinylz synth arpeggios, Drizzy reminds us how big he’s been doing it lately (as if we could forget) and skewers peers who have been keeping it less than one-hundred: “I could load every gun with bullets that fired backwards / Probably wouldn’t lose a single rapper.” 5AM isn’t part of any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for further details on currently-unscheduled junior set Nothing Was the Same, featuring hit lead single Started From the Bottom.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.