Early this morning, before most of us had rolled out of bed—or into bed, if you happen to be a night owl—Drake quietly unleashed a new record via his official site. 5AM in Toronto is an unofficial sequel to 9AM in Dallas and, like that pre-Thank Me Later promo cut, it features Aubrey Graham setting aside his “singer” hat in favor of pure, rapped verses. Over Boi-1da and Vinylz synth arpeggios, Drizzy reminds us how big he’s been doing it lately (as if we could forget) and skewers peers who have been keeping it less than one-hundred: “I could load every gun with bullets that fired backwards / Probably wouldn’t lose a single rapper.” 5AM isn’t part of any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for further details on currently-unscheduled junior set Nothing Was the Same, featuring hit lead single Started From the Bottom.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.