Early this morning, before most of us had rolled out of bed—or into bed, if you happen to be a night owl—Drake quietly unleashed a new record via his official site. 5AM in Toronto is an unofficial sequel to 9AM in Dallas and, like that pre-Thank Me Later promo cut, it features Aubrey Graham setting aside his “singer” hat in favor of pure, rapped verses. Over Boi-1da and Vinylz synth arpeggios, Drizzy reminds us how big he’s been doing it lately (as if we could forget) and skewers peers who have been keeping it less than one-hundred: “I could load every gun with bullets that fired backwards / Probably wouldn’t lose a single rapper.” 5AM isn’t part of any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our front page for further details on currently-unscheduled junior set Nothing Was the Same, featuring hit lead single Started From the Bottom.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brand New (Remix) ft. Lil' Wayne" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)