Round my way, when the doorbell rings unexpectedly, it’s a scam artist from an unscrupulous power company—or worse. Thus, I tend to err on the side of ignoring surprise visitors. Here in the Booth, on the other hand, unexpected guests often come bearing dope tunes. Case in point: Long Island rhymesayer D. Prince, who’s shown up at our doorstep with the exclusive world premiere of his latest single, Let Me In. Like its predecessor, the Beck-inspired Loser, this joint boasts a potent combo of catchy melody and thoughtful lyricism. A buoyant, piano-led beat by 5 Alive backs the Fresh Vetz alumnus as he looks back on his fatherless upbringing, and forward to his bright future in the rap game. B.K. indie buzzmaker Lunchbox Riot turns in a quirky, yet appealing guest hook. Fans will be able to find Let Me In and much more on the artist’s CFRN (Classy Fly Rap N**ga) LP, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view D.Prince’s Charles A. Lamour-directed Let Me In visual.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take A Ride" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.