Round my way, when the doorbell rings unexpectedly, it’s a scam artist from an unscrupulous power company—or worse. Thus, I tend to err on the side of ignoring surprise visitors. Here in the Booth, on the other hand, unexpected guests often come bearing dope tunes. Case in point: Long Island rhymesayer D. Prince, who’s shown up at our doorstep with the exclusive world premiere of his latest single, Let Me In. Like its predecessor, the Beck-inspired Loser, this joint boasts a potent combo of catchy melody and thoughtful lyricism. A buoyant, piano-led beat by 5 Alive backs the Fresh Vetz alumnus as he looks back on his fatherless upbringing, and forward to his bright future in the rap game. B.K. indie buzzmaker Lunchbox Riot turns in a quirky, yet appealing guest hook. Fans will be able to find Let Me In and much more on the artist’s CFRN (Classy Fly Rap N**ga) LP, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view D.Prince’s Charles A. Lamour-directed Let Me In visual.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take A Ride" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.