Round my way, when the doorbell rings unexpectedly, it’s a scam artist from an unscrupulous power company—or worse. Thus, I tend to err on the side of ignoring surprise visitors. Here in the Booth, on the other hand, unexpected guests often come bearing dope tunes. Case in point: Long Island rhymesayer D. Prince, who’s shown up at our doorstep with the exclusive world premiere of his latest single, Let Me In. Like its predecessor, the Beck-inspired Loser, this joint boasts a potent combo of catchy melody and thoughtful lyricism. A buoyant, piano-led beat by 5 Alive backs the Fresh Vetz alumnus as he looks back on his fatherless upbringing, and forward to his bright future in the rap game. B.K. indie buzzmaker Lunchbox Riot turns in a quirky, yet appealing guest hook. Fans will be able to find Let Me In and much more on the artist’s CFRN (Classy Fly Rap N**ga) LP, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view D.Prince’s Charles A. Lamour-directed Let Me In visual.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
NYC rhymesayer D.Prince has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the CFRN: CLASSY FLY RAP NI**A mixtape. The project packs 12 original records from the Fresh Vetz alumnus, including...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take A Ride" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.