At first blush, being Royalty sounds like a great time—prestige, financial security, if you get married it inexplicably becomes a global news story. With great power, however, comes great resentment (not to speak of the inbreeding and frequent beheadings). Case in point: the female described in Down With Webster‘s first Booth feature. The latest single off the Toronto-repping rap-rockers’ first full-length album, the record finds co-producers Zale Epstein and Brett Ryan Kruger hooking up with instrumentalists Tyler Armes, Diggy, Pat and Marty to craft a slow-burning, Chipmunk-soul-meets-grunge-pop backdrop as emcees Cam and Bucky pillory a chick whose financial security and sheltered upbringing allow her to “wear [her] bad habits like a crown.” Brimming with quotable kiss-offs ( “Getting lit up’s the only thing that’s relevant / when all that’s in your closet is designer or a skeleton.”), this slow-burning banger is just one of many quality jams to be found on DWW’ latest full-length, Time To Win, Vol. II, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on October 31.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want it All (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.