At first blush, being Royalty sounds like a great time—prestige, financial security, if you get married it inexplicably becomes a global news story. With great power, however, comes great resentment (not to speak of the inbreeding and frequent beheadings). Case in point: the female described in Down With Webster‘s first Booth feature. The latest single off the Toronto-repping rap-rockers’ first full-length album, the record finds co-producers Zale Epstein and Brett Ryan Kruger hooking up with instrumentalists Tyler Armes, Diggy, Pat and Marty to craft a slow-burning, Chipmunk-soul-meets-grunge-pop backdrop as emcees Cam and Bucky pillory a chick whose financial security and sheltered upbringing allow her to “wear [her] bad habits like a crown.” Brimming with quotable kiss-offs ( “Getting lit up’s the only thing that’s relevant / when all that’s in your closet is designer or a skeleton.”), this slow-burning banger is just one of many quality jams to be found on DWW’ latest full-length, Time To Win, Vol. II, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on October 31.
Written by richard on 10/26/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Want it All (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.