Six years after the release of his last studio album, Past, Presence & Features, heads of little faith may have begun to suspect that Doujah Raze had been swept into the dustbin of hip-hop history. Not so fast! A few days ago, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Alexandria underground vet lit the fuse on his impending comeback with Left Out, a new single which sees the artist asserting his continuing relevance in the game, as well as filling in a few of the blanks between ‘06 and 2012. Showcasing undiminished mic skills over Shuko‘s Chipmunk-sampling of Freda Payne’s Don’t Wanna Be Left Out, Raze assures listeners that he’s been plotting his return for every minute of every day of his hiatus, and ends the record with a poignant vignette illustrating the preciousness of time. Now that Doujah’s made his grand re-entrance, are you craving more? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases leading up to the arrival of The Eighth House on November 27.
Written by richard on 11/11/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.