Six years after the release of his last studio album, Past, Presence & Features, heads of little faith may have begun to suspect that Doujah Raze had been swept into the dustbin of hip-hop history. Not so fast! A few days ago, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Alexandria underground vet lit the fuse on his impending comeback with Left Out, a new single which sees the artist asserting his continuing relevance in the game, as well as filling in a few of the blanks between ‘06 and 2012. Showcasing undiminished mic skills over Shuko‘s Chipmunk-sampling of Freda Payne’s Don’t Wanna Be Left Out, Raze assures listeners that he’s been plotting his return for every minute of every day of his hiatus, and ends the record with a poignant vignette illustrating the preciousness of time. Now that Doujah’s made his grand re-entrance, are you craving more? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases leading up to the arrival of The Eighth House on November 27.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.