Six years after the release of his last studio album, Past, Presence & Features, heads of little faith may have begun to suspect that Doujah Raze had been swept into the dustbin of hip-hop history. Not so fast! A few days ago, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-Alexandria underground vet lit the fuse on his impending comeback with Left Out, a new single which sees the artist asserting his continuing relevance in the game, as well as filling in a few of the blanks between ‘06 and 2012. Showcasing undiminished mic skills over Shuko‘s Chipmunk-sampling of Freda Payne’s Don’t Wanna Be Left Out, Raze assures listeners that he’s been plotting his return for every minute of every day of his hiatus, and ends the record with a poignant vignette illustrating the preciousness of time. Now that Doujah’s made his grand re-entrance, are you craving more? Then stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases leading up to the arrival of The Eighth House on November 27.
Written by richard on 11/11/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.