Remember how menacing Ice Cube was when he played Doughboy in the film Boyz ‘N Da Hood? Well, an unsigned artist from Atlanta is looking to push his own brand of fear on the new narcotics anthem, Birdz Fly High. With the help of Czar Entertainment – the folks behind The Game and Mario Winans – emcee Doughboy looks to build up hype for the release of his ’09 debut, B4 Rap, with a new mixtape full of his street stories. The project, entitled Da Cookbook Vol. 2 and hosted by The Aphilliates’ DJ Drama, finds Doughboy providing Pacino-esque banter over production by M.A.J. (of Xplosive Productions). Doughboy presents himself as a product of a harsh environment, but will he be able to make his voice heard when his album drops? Stay tuned to hear for yourself.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/28/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.