Remember how menacing Ice Cube was when he played Doughboy in the film Boyz ‘N Da Hood? Well, an unsigned artist from Atlanta is looking to push his own brand of fear on the new narcotics anthem, Birdz Fly High. With the help of Czar Entertainment – the folks behind The Game and Mario Winans – emcee Doughboy looks to build up hype for the release of his ’09 debut, B4 Rap, with a new mixtape full of his street stories. The project, entitled Da Cookbook Vol. 2 and hosted by The Aphilliates’ DJ Drama, finds Doughboy providing Pacino-esque banter over production by M.A.J. (of Xplosive Productions). Doughboy presents himself as a product of a harsh environment, but will he be able to make his voice heard when his album drops? Stay tuned to hear for yourself.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/28/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.