Situated 15 miles and change from the celebrated hip-hop city of Chicago, Morton Grove is a prosperous suburb frequently featured in articles with titles like “Top 10 Cities to Raise a Family.”” As such, it’s a far cry from the inner-city streets that spawned many of Cook County’s celebrated hip-hop talents, but that hasn’t stopped Windy City spitter Dotropolis from giving the village its rap theme music in the form of new single and DJBooth debut Morton Groove. Over the cool, understated jazz-fusion samples of Marsz, the artist details a recently-married homie’s efforts to unlearn his ‘hood habits and fit into his new, upscale environs . For this low-key narrative jam and much more, check out Dot’s Native EP when it drops digitally December 4. Click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.