Situated 15 miles and change from the celebrated hip-hop city of Chicago, Morton Grove is a prosperous suburb frequently featured in articles with titles like “Top 10 Cities to Raise a Family.”” As such, it’s a far cry from the inner-city streets that spawned many of Cook County’s celebrated hip-hop talents, but that hasn’t stopped Windy City spitter Dotropolis from giving the village its rap theme music in the form of new single and DJBooth debut Morton Groove. Over the cool, understated jazz-fusion samples of Marsz, the artist details a recently-married homie’s efforts to unlearn his ‘hood habits and fit into his new, upscale environs . For this low-key narrative jam and much more, check out Dot’s Native EP when it drops digitally December 4. Click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.