Situated 15 miles and change from the celebrated hip-hop city of Chicago, Morton Grove is a prosperous suburb frequently featured in articles with titles like “Top 10 Cities to Raise a Family.”” As such, it’s a far cry from the inner-city streets that spawned many of Cook County’s celebrated hip-hop talents, but that hasn’t stopped Windy City spitter Dotropolis from giving the village its rap theme music in the form of new single and DJBooth debut Morton Groove. Over the cool, understated jazz-fusion samples of Marsz, the artist details a recently-married homie’s efforts to unlearn his ‘hood habits and fit into his new, upscale environs . For this low-key narrative jam and much more, check out Dot’s Native EP when it drops digitally December 4. Click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.