Situated 15 miles and change from the celebrated hip-hop city of Chicago, Morton Grove is a prosperous suburb frequently featured in articles with titles like “Top 10 Cities to Raise a Family.”” As such, it’s a far cry from the inner-city streets that spawned many of Cook County’s celebrated hip-hop talents, but that hasn’t stopped Windy City spitter Dotropolis from giving the village its rap theme music in the form of new single and DJBooth debut Morton Groove. Over the cool, understated jazz-fusion samples of Marsz, the artist details a recently-married homie’s efforts to unlearn his ‘hood habits and fit into his new, upscale environs . For this low-key narrative jam and much more, check out Dot’s Native EP when it drops digitally December 4. Click here to peep the project’s official trailer.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.