Whether you’re dreaming of a long evening of “Rhythm and Dancing” or something a little more intimate—or both, for that matter—there’s no understating the importance of music for keeping the vibe going. For those looking to push their nocturnal activities to a Higher plateau of intensity, Doss the Artist‘s latest Booth feature may be just what the doctor ordered. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the Motown rhymesayer’s latest mixtape leak finds beatsmith Hir-O flipping a sample from German Eurodance duo La Bouche’s 1994 smash, Sweet Dreams, into an exhilarating synth backdrop for Doss’ lyrical snapshots of the fast life. In a flow alternately laid-back and hyperkinetic, the emcee talks up his whip game (His Lac’s rocking “25-inch rims.”), his effortless way with women and his knack for getting said women into said whip. Are you going to be throwing this record on when you hit the town this weekend. Readers who answer in the affirmative won’t want to miss the rest of the scorching new material to be found on Doss’ #9Lives tape, due out January 27.
Written by richard on 01/19/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.