Although young Dallas emcee Dorrough has been basking in the shine deservedly directed his way after breakthrough hit Ice Cream Paint Job, the lights are getting slowly dimmer as the days tick by without a hit follow-up. Dorrough’s plan to get back in the spotlight? Recruit (seemingly) every rapper alive for the official remix to his single and title track Get Big. Ready? Here we go: Set to the tune of producer Nitti’s bouncing banger of a beat, Dorrough rhymes about swag, Diddy does his hardcore millionaire rap thing, Yo Gotti unsurprisingly makes cocaine references, Bun B offers a melodically flowing verse, Diamond (formerly of Crime Mob) gives a female touch, Shawty Lo does whatever it is he does, Wiz Khalifa smokes a fat one and Maino spits bars filled with cash and Hulk Hogan references. Oh, and DJ Drama does some yelling at the end. There, that’s all of ‘em. (Excuse me while I catch my breath). If you’re in the mood for some more similarly oversized rap, be sure to check out Dorrough’s new album, Get Big, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Cream Paint Job (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.