One of the perks of being an up-and-coming hip-hop artist from Dallas is that you’re less likely to be pigeonholed than other cities’ rising stars (just ask the GS Boyz!) Newcomer Dorrough has taken full advantage of this opportunity, scoring mainstream success with fine females’ anthem Walk That Walk and its follow-up, Dirty South trunk banger Ice Cream Paint Job. On the official remix of the latter track, a few of Dorrough’s industry friends join the car parade. First to flow over 2Much‘s instrumental (retained from the original) are ATL superstars Jermaine Dupri and Soulja Boy. Though E1 Music labelmates Jim Jones and Slim Thug (the only Texan collaborator—what gives?) both sound rather tired, E-40 gets the uptempo jam back on track just in time for D-throwing Alabaman Rich Boy‘s closing bars. If you’re hungry for more feel-good Dirty South bangers, be sure and scoop up Dorrough Music when it drops on August 4th.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fresher Than a Peppermint" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.