One of the perks of being an up-and-coming hip-hop artist from Dallas is that you’re less likely to be pigeonholed than other cities’ rising stars (just ask the GS Boyz!) Newcomer Dorrough has taken full advantage of this opportunity, scoring mainstream success with fine females’ anthem Walk That Walk and its follow-up, Dirty South trunk banger Ice Cream Paint Job. On the official remix of the latter track, a few of Dorrough’s industry friends join the car parade. First to flow over 2Much‘s instrumental (retained from the original) are ATL superstars Jermaine Dupri and Soulja Boy. Though E1 Music labelmates Jim Jones and Slim Thug (the only Texan collaborator—what gives?) both sound rather tired, E-40 gets the uptempo jam back on track just in time for D-throwing Alabaman Rich Boy‘s closing bars. If you’re hungry for more feel-good Dirty South bangers, be sure and scoop up Dorrough Music when it drops on August 4th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fresher Than a Peppermint" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.