Remember the old-school arcade game Rampage, where you played a giant monster and punched and kicked American cities into rubble? That’s more or less what Dallas rhymesayer Dorrough‘s up to on his latest street banger. As he puts it on the chorus of his next LP’s lead single, “I swing and I Beat Up the Block.” But he’s not wreaking havoc and stacking paper alone; Baton Rouge mainstay Boosie Badazz jumps on Digital University‘s lumbering bell-percussion beat to spit a hard-nosed closing 16. Fans will be able to find this whip-ready cut and much more on Dorrough’s TexaFornia LP, which has yet to receive a drop date. As always, you can keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Cream Paint Job (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.