Remember the old-school arcade game Rampage, where you played a giant monster and punched and kicked American cities into rubble? That’s more or less what Dallas rhymesayer Dorrough‘s up to on his latest street banger. As he puts it on the chorus of his next LP’s lead single, “I swing and I Beat Up the Block.” But he’s not wreaking havoc and stacking paper alone; Baton Rouge mainstay Boosie Badazz jumps on Digital University‘s lumbering bell-percussion beat to spit a hard-nosed closing 16. Fans will be able to find this whip-ready cut and much more on Dorrough’s TexaFornia LP, which has yet to receive a drop date. As always, you can keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ice Cream Paint Job (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.