A buzzmaking singer and producer hailing from London, Dornik makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with freshly-released promotional single Something About You. Dedicated to a woman he’s been admiring from afar, this dreamy selection finds the PMR Records signee serenading the object of his affection through a thick haze of reverb. He looks to trendy ‘80s and ‘90s influences for inspiration behind the boards, serving up a futuristic, yet cozy synth arrangement seasoned with cascading windchimes and other spacey electronic effects. The result would be the perfect soundtrack for a bubble bath on an interstellar cruise ship—or a chilled-out headphone session, if recreational spaceflight is beyond your budget. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our pages for the latest from this multitalented up-and-comer.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.