A buzzmaking singer and producer hailing from London, Dornik makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with freshly-released promotional single Something About You. Dedicated to a woman he’s been admiring from afar, this dreamy selection finds the PMR Records signee serenading the object of his affection through a thick haze of reverb. He looks to trendy ‘80s and ‘90s influences for inspiration behind the boards, serving up a futuristic, yet cozy synth arrangement seasoned with cascading windchimes and other spacey electronic effects. The result would be the perfect soundtrack for a bubble bath on an interstellar cruise ship—or a chilled-out headphone session, if recreational spaceflight is beyond your budget. This joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can, of course, watch our pages for the latest from this multitalented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/19/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.