Three years after the release of their critically-acclaimed sophomore set, No Kings, the Doomtree collective has finally buckled down to work on the follow-up. While they’re not ready to unveil anything off the project proper just yet, you can get a good idea of where the Minneapolis natives’ heads are at by listening to freshly-released loosie .38 Airweight. As the firearm-themed title suggests, this joint showcases the grimy, aggressive side of the collective’s style. Over a frenetic mix of live instrumentation and videogamey synths, Sims, P.O.S., Dessa and company fire off their most potent lyrical ammunition. On the chorus, they drive the point home with references to famous vigilante Bernie Goetz and airplane hijacker D. B. Cooper. Feeling it? Then keep it locked for more loosies from the Twin Cities mainstays, as well as the latest on their next LP.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Grand Experiment" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.