On January 23, 2007, Detroit producer and Ghettotech popularizer David “Disco D” Shayman took his own life at the age of 26. On The Loudest Silence, the final leak off his latest full-length, NYC rhymesayer Donny Goines pays tribute to his fallen friend, flowing over Disco D and co-producer Maki‘s own soulful boardwork. Tess, Aja Monet and Canei Finch guest, contributing hook/backing vocals throughout the cut as well as a spoken-word interlude. If you’re feeling this heartfelt jam, plenty more quality tunes await on Goines’ Success Served Cold LP, available online as of November 11.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
Ink Different, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the People Want" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.