Some view emcee Donny Goines as a hip-hop purist, but if you ask him, he’ll tell you he’s simply a product of his hometown. As is the case with any big city, NYC contains many lower-class neighborhoods. On a new record, Goines describes Ghetto U.S.A. making the point that, though our country is a large one, poverty is the same no matter where you go. Though he speaks on the negatives (which some listeners might deride him for) Goines stresses the most positive aspect of his upbringing in the streets: the opportunity to witness the birth and ongoing growth of hip-hop. Featuring Tess on background vocals and frequently-featured production duo K-Salaam & Beatnick on the beat, Ghetto U.S.A. is the latest single off the forthcoming Minute After Midnight, which is set to drop next week.
Listen to More: Donny Goines Written by Burmy
Ink Different, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the People Want" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.