Atlanta based crew SMKA continue to outdo themselves, and personally I couldn’t be happier. With the releases of records from artists that include the likes of Thee Tom Hardy, Laws, Aleon Craft, El Prez, and Scar, there seems to be no slowing down for the Southern beatmasters especially when it comes to the latest installment of their annual mixtape release. This time around they’ve created a nationwide collaboration with New Yorker Donny Goines, Southerner Bobby Creekwater and Chi-Town native Mikkey Halsted on For the People, and there’s not a single moment of the third leak off their latest venture that disappoints. The uplifting, soulful production puts each artist on point for sharp deliveries (everyone crushes, but I’m liking Mikkey the best), all while mixing in that southern style that we have come to expect from SMKA. While April 26 cannot come quickly enough for those awaiting the release of The 808 Experiment: Vol 3, do not fret music lovers - SMKA will be releasing enough new material off the project to keep you satisfied (yet hungry for more). Spring weather and some dirty-good music, it doesn’t get any better.
Ink Different, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the People Want" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.