Atlanta based crew SMKA continue to outdo themselves, and personally I couldn’t be happier. With the releases of records from artists that include the likes of Thee Tom Hardy, Laws, Aleon Craft, El Prez, and Scar, there seems to be no slowing down for the Southern beatmasters especially when it comes to the latest installment of their annual mixtape release. This time around they’ve created a nationwide collaboration with New Yorker Donny Goines, Southerner Bobby Creekwater and Chi-Town native Mikkey Halsted on For the People, and there’s not a single moment of the third leak off their latest venture that disappoints. The uplifting, soulful production puts each artist on point for sharp deliveries (everyone crushes, but I’m liking Mikkey the best), all while mixing in that southern style that we have come to expect from SMKA. While April 26 cannot come quickly enough for those awaiting the release of The 808 Experiment: Vol 3, do not fret music lovers - SMKA will be releasing enough new material off the project to keep you satisfied (yet hungry for more). Spring weather and some dirty-good music, it doesn’t get any better.
Written by Sigurd on 03/29/11
Submit your Rating
Ink Different, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the People Want" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.